Tara Ariano returns to send Season 4 of QIF out on an ice floe with Something To Talk About, 1995's marriage/family dramedy starring Julia Roberts; directed by Lasse Hallstrom (!); and written by Callie Khouri (!!). What is it about this "Hallmark movie, but with an associates degree" that lets it hold together despite what Tara called "a fundamental 'should this have happened? maybe not?' quality"? Good sister chemistry with Kyra Sedgwick and a couple of relatable town gossips triumph over zyde-faux, flagrant reshoot-wig fouls, and a BS excuse for infidelity; and WE triumph over the early-to-mid-nineties portion of Quaid's c.v. If you're the one person who would have appreciated SDB's in-and-out joke, high five; everyone else, grab a helmet: it's an all-new Quaid In Full.
Overall score: 6
QQQ score: 8
- Get EVEN MORE Qontent (...sorry) at our Patreon page
- Can YOU get past the first 27 seconds of The Dennissance?
- Roger Ebert's review
- Mick LaSalle's for SFGate
- The origins of the "dazzy" "joke"
- Get more Tara Ariano at Again With This: Melrose Place, Extra Hot Great, and Listen To Sassy
- Or follow T-Bone on Twitter