Defector's David J. Roth pulls up a seat on the second footballiest day of the year as we talk about Oliver Stone's Any Given Sunday, a 157-minute "exploration of boundaries of filmmaking by peole who are permanently on LSD." Whether it's a #poppyfieldsmovie, why it looks so cheap, which Al Pacino(s) we get in this performance and what the F he's wearing, whose performance is most affecting (spoiler: LT's), what that smell is (spoiler: amyl nitrate), and much more in our discussion of a film that lists all the capital-I Issues with pro football, then chooses to run B-roll of lightning instead of engaging with them. Feast your ears on the fifth-season finale of Quaid In Full.
Overall score: 7.33
QQQ score: 7
Days since a lost Kuffs accident: 21
Breaks: "They Call It Pro Football" (1966); "The Autumn Wind" and "Round Up" by Sam Spence
- Follow us on Twitter
- Get EVEN MORE Qontent (...sorry) at our Patreon page
- Can YOU get past the first 27 seconds of The Dennissance?
- Listen to Dave Roth on Extra Hot Great 381;
- It's Christmastown;
- and The Distraction
- Roger Ebert's AGS review
- Wesley Morris's in the SF Examiner
- Mark And Sarah Talk About Songs Ep 073 on the noxious titular end-credits joint by Jamie Foxx